Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lance

Tonight Lance helped Jeff cook dinner. It was PRICELESS. He talked the WHOLE time. He was asking questions that were totally random & constantly saying "Daddy". Jeff was so patient with him, but I couldn't help but laugh. I just thought it was funny because it wasn't ME!!! He was in there for about an hour & just kept on going!

I wish there were words to explain how funny this child is. He drives me bonkers & has tested me a million times over, but he is worth every minute of stress & frustration. He is constantly making me laugh & is such a sweet, loving child. His spirit & personality are so bright, he literally spreads joy wherever he goes. I only hope that we can continue to foster these traits in a positive manner!!

Here are a few of the recent things he has done lately
-he currently wears two watches a Shrek watch which is his "weather watch" & tells him what the weather will be like & a Spongebob watch that is his "clock watch"
-tonight he asked me about a tatoe watch, I said, "a potato watch?" He said, "Yes, you were talking to mammaw about it & it was on the tv with maps. I said, "a tornado watch?" He said, "Yes"!!
-We were reading a book tonight that had sounds. Every time he would push a button he made some type of gesture. If it was music he would point his fingers and dance. If it was a race car sound he would move his arm like he was zooming a car.
-He does at least one puzzle a day if not more. He is doing 24 piece puzzles on his own.
-He regularly comes out in only his underwear with several things stuck in it like a belt.
-He will come out of his room at bedtime and say he has to ask you something. When you ask what he says, "I love you".

I don't know if it is the hormones or what but lately when I look at our kids I am just amazed at them. I can only imagine what our future holds with them. I know they will continue to challenge us, which is a part of it, but I also know that their joy & innocence is what helps us get through many tough days!

XOXO
I love you Lance Maksim Wade!!

No comments: