Monday, February 27, 2012

Our author: Lillian Wade

Last week Lilly said, "I wish I could be the author of a book." So I told her if she wanted to write a book we could do that. I had her tell me what she wanted the story to say and I wrote it out for her. Then she transferred it to her book and drew the pictures. She worked on it so hard and really took her time. She was very proud of herself and even told her teacher and friends about it (that is huge, Lilly isn't a sharer). Anyway, here is the final product. (I did the best I could, I just wanted you to have an idea).
Two things to note about the cover. 1. She wrote the letters that way on her own. She has seen me do it and now does it. 2. She said, "I forgot about illustrated by" and asked me how to spell it.

There once was a a little girl who had a mother and father and brother. Her name was Lillian.

Lillian liked the colors pink and purple. She liked to ride her scooter and bike.

Her brother liked the colors orange and blue. One day her friend came over to play.

Her name was Madison. They rode their scooters.

Then they had a snack. Then Madison had to go home.

I didn't tell her what to write. I did give her a few ideas because she said she didn't know what to write about. However, I did not correct unless something didn't make sense. This is HER story and HER pictures. VERY PROUD of her!!

No comments: