Sunday, September 7, 2014

New furniture!!! (& a few other things)

The furniture came on Friday and we are loving it!!!
Unloading!!

So exciting!!

This is the first time in our marriage we have ever purchased "nice" furniture that we had delivered. I was pretty excited!

It's BIG! I was totally prepared to panicked about the size, which I did!! However, it didn't take long for it to grow on me!

Totally different!
Not furniture...but nice bedhead!

I really wanted an ottoman, but then decided we probably didn't need one with such a large couch and at first didn't see one I liked. The sales person showed us this one and I really liked that it was a bit lighter. Hands down....great choice. Lindley has decided it's her new reading spot!

She is really into books right now!

So big!!

Friday night the kids had to break it in for it's first sleepover!! They all slept all night and said it was comfortable.
 
SO.....I knew once we got the furniture I would want a rug (I've wanted one since we've moved in). Anyway, Old Time Pottery was having a sale so I decided to check it out!

I actually got this rug for the living room, but it was too small. I fell in love with it and didn't want to part with it. I tried it in front of the door and really like it!!

Mom bought us some curtains! We have another set for the living room, but have to get the rod up.

Umm....cute or what?

Yay a big door mat for our big doors!

Did someone say pillow?? Since our couches were full of color for so long everything I bought was neutral. I wanted our new couches to be neutral so I could add some color and change it more easily when I got tired of it. For some reason I got stuck on burnt orange. I found the smaller ones at Old Time pottery and the two big ones at Big Lots. I LOVE them!!

See...they love it?? Yesterday afternoon Lilly started feeling bad and woke up this morning not feeling well at all. She had a low temp, but not much. Hoping it's just allergies/cold.

Since the first rug I got didn't work I wanted to go look for another one. Plus I had gotten two smaller rugs that matched that I wanted to return. I really didn't feel like going today, but I am so glad we did. Look what I found!!!! The guy there said they just put them out this morning and they were going fast (there were only two left).

It's much bigger and really ties the room together!

This is what is should look like....

But probably won't very often. That's ok cause it's all kid friendly!!
Now that we have gotten started I am on a roll! I moved the side table and a lamp (didn't get a picture) and have a few other ideas.
I made the space smaller, but much more user friendly and cozy. It was so open and naked that it didn't feel very homey. Now I LOVE IT!!!!
 

No comments: