Thursday, February 7, 2013

My job

Thought it would be neat to see a little bit about what I actually do at my job. Below are a few pictures from the awards dinner during my work trip.

Jason (Florida), Stephen (Canada) & Claudine (Tennessee)
Jason was in professional development and now does sales. Stephen does a little bit of both and Claudine is the project manager (same as me) in Memphis

Laura (my big boss) & Dave Shuster (founder of ExploreLearning)


This is the sales and PD team from my region. We have the largest number of project managers in our region. The gentleman I am standing next to is the regional sales manager and the lady in red is the sales rep I work with. The lady directly behind her (in gold) is Dawn. She is now my direct boss (this change just took place). She is now over all of the project managers.
 
Today I got to deliever a classroom set of whiteboards to three teachers that won a contest we held. They were truly thankful and excited to have won! It made my day to reward their hard work.
 
High school winner

Elementary winner

Middle school winner

It was POURING when I left the house this morning. The elementary school that I had to visit was Dauphin Island elementary which is clearly....on the island. One of the supervisors had offered to take it since it is long drive for me, but since the weather cleared up and I really wanted to hand deliever I went ahead. So glad I did....this is my view heading over to the island. Their school literally sits on the beach. (it's very small, one class per grade). I have no idea how they get work done. I would take the kids outside every day I could!
 
It is hard to leave the kids for the trips, but it's always good to see everyone and be reminded how lucky I am. There are days that I my schedule drives me crazy and I wish I had a "normal" job, but I am truly blessed to work with a great group of people and a wonderful company. I searched long and hard and finally found a fit and for that I am thankful. In addition, the fact that Jeff and I both have great jobs and have had for several years is a huge blessing. It is very easy to forget how difficult it was a few years ago.
 

No comments: