Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Dining table redo!

We need a new dining room table. Ours doesn't fit us all. Every time we all eat together we have to pull a chair up and squeeze in. We aren't really in a place to spend a fortune on a new table. (I would want one to seat 8). Plus....I really like our table. It was mine when I was kid and it's still in great shape. A while back I did a little research about how to make a leaf for a table. I was nervous to try it and let it go. With the holidays coming up I decided I wanted to try it! Lance and I measured and I went and got the boards. Jeff glued them together and drilled the holes for the dowels....

The result....a table that will seat us all!! The kids REALLY wanted to move it to the dining room To quote Lance "I want to eat in the actual dining room for once". It was pretty tight in the kitchen area so we decided to give it a try.

I bought some table linens when I bought the new chairs. I am SO HAPPY with the results. It was easy and cheap, but looks great!

Bonus....for some reason playing in the kitchen area is WAAY better than the dining room. They have claimed it as their playroom and love it. (It's smaller, but has a fish tank. Other than that it's the same.) Not sure why they find it so fun, but I'll take it!

We got a bulletin board for their artwork. The ottoman will go back in the living room after Christmas, but they are liking it in there for now.

No comments: