Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy 4th!!

We had an AMAZING holiday weekend! Jeff was off Thurs-Sunday so we took full advantage!!

On Thursday morning the kids had the Firecracker 400 at swim. They race for two laps around the pool. It's mostly chaos, but they get ice cream sundaes and then get to play so they love it!!

Lilly finishing up!
Lilly didn't place, but Lance got third (his group is MUCH smaller). She was happy with her ice cream!!

Thursday night the big kids stayed with my mom. While they were waiting for Mammaw THEY decided I needed to take pictures of them. I wasn't going to argue. They chose the poses and combinations.

AREN'T THEY ADORABLE!!

So sweet!

I LOVE THIS!! He bent down so he could be closer to her. SO SWEET!!

So notice the pose....

And the copy cat!! PRICELESS!!

Lance is SO excited to be able to do a Mohawk! He is constantly ask me if it still looks good!

 

On Friday the kids and I did a little shopping and then Jeff cooked chicken.

Then we met The Nelson family down by the bay for the fireworks. It was a beautiful evening!

The kids had a blast!

Such good friends!

Waiting patiently for the show to start!
 

Harper and Lilly. So cute!

The show was great!

There was a breeze and it wasn't hot at all. Such a great night!!

 
 
Saturday night we had the Nelson's over for a fish fry. We were supposed to do it last weekend, but Harper was sick and I wasn't feeling well so we rescheduled for this weekend. 
The kids played in the slip-n-slide and hose while Jeff cooked and we visited.

This was late....they were wound up....dancing!

Playing the in the box of boxes...Lance takes every box I get!

The morning after....I'd say she was worn out!! She slept till 9:30!!!
 
 Even though we were worn out and honestly our allergies were bothering us we decided to head to the beach. We borrowed my parents canopy and packed a lunch. We had a great time!!

Playing Frisbee!

Just a girl and the sand!

The water was a little cool at first, but once you got used to it, it felt nice. There was a sand bar a good bit out and we went out there and caught waves. The kids loved it!!


This little guy almost got me!! I was sitting at the edge of the water and he came crawling up. Lance saw him and warned me. I lifted up and he went under me. Finally Lilly grabbed a bucket and got him out. The kids tormented him for a bit!
 
We were exhausted from a fun filled weekend, but it was worth it!! Such great memories!!
Happy 4th!!

No comments: