Monday, November 12, 2012

Race day~

Well, I ran my first 5k on Saturday and survived! I ran with a friend of mine and we did great. Finished in 34.37 minutes! My goal was 36 so I am happy. I felt great afterwards and it took me till about 3 o'clock before I started feeling it. I think we are going to run another one on December 1.

It was a little cool before the race. Debating on whether or not to wear our jackets....

This is the group that we started running with. I pretty much trained on my own due to schedule conflicts, but they are a great group of ladies.

Clearly the jackets were a bad idea and actually slowed us down a bit. We ran the whole first leg and started back the second. A few minutes in we had to take the jackets off, which caused us to walk for a few. We walked a couple more times before the end, but still did great!

We survived!!! Felt so good!!

No comments: